Tuesday, June 5, 2012

New Issues In The Bee Yard

So far so good with the new hives this year. Got a good bill of health from the inspector which made me happy.
But, now comes a new issue. Japanese Beetles in the yard and they are getting on my grape vines as
well as other plants in the yard.

Checked some bee forums and left a couple of messages. Waiting on an answer.
Sent a message to Nancy the Bee Inspector. Hope for an answer from her soon.
Well, will have to wait and will find out what I have to do.

Had a swarm show up at my first hive again today. Put an entrance reducer making the entrance even smaller this time. Put a second short piece of wood blocking the entrance. Will see how that works at a  later date.
My girls are a little work but., still loving every minute with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment